Install.Desk supports you with automated software installations and updates without interfering
with the operating procedures on the clients of your employees!
The execution of the installation jobs can be determined by the user – either immediately after execution, at a certain time or after restarting the target clients. Failed jobs can be repeated on request.
The history of each distribution order is stored in the history. The results can be evaluated individually, e.g. by time period, target device, installation status, installation job etc.
Distribution groups and distribution packages can be easily created on the screen using Drag & Drop and distribution orders can be created with just a few mouse clicks.
The management console shows at a glance which distribution tasks are scheduled, running or completed. For each distribution order, the status, the availability of the target devices and the distribution progress can be easily monitored in the form of traffic light functions.
Install.Desk displays the machines in your network environment, exactly those that have not yet been imported into Install.Desk. The computers can be conveniently imported from the Windows network environment or from the Active Directory to Install.Desk.
- Detect devices
- via domain list
- over IP range
- via Active Directory
- Simple transfer via mouse click from the respective device list
- Single target devices
- Distribution groups from multiple target devices (to be created by Drag & Drop)
- msi packages (These can be parameterized extensively to perform standard installations or custom installations)
- Predefined setups (unattended – by “silent” parameter)
- Snapshots (creation on reference system, then distribution of the snapshot “silent” on the target systems)
- Batch files and Windows commands
- Entries, changes, and deletions in the registry (Registry key)
- Installation from a local directory or from a network path (share)
- Define packages from several jobs
- Ask users for permission before installing on the client
- Inform user after completed installation
- Statement of the retries
- Force installation despite rejection by the user when the number of retries is reached
- Automatic repetitions in the event of problems with the target device
- E-mail notification in case of error
- Immediately after execution
- At the next restart
- At a specified time in the future
- Control station with traffic light function for successful installation per target unit
- Comprehensive log (history) of all installation processes on the client
- Protocol can be exported to various formats (e.g. xls, csv, xlsx)
The following modules can be purchased separately:
ACTIVE DIRECTORY MANAGER
Distribution of software applications based on Active Directory groups.
Helps identify critical device vulnerabilities, define automated jobs, and eliminate risk with CVSS and CVE-certified recommendations for action.
- Less administration effort
- Uniform installations
- Quick updates of the systems
- Fast System Restore
- Installation possibility outside working hours
- Central support of decentralized infrastructures
- Cost savings
Thanks to uniform revision levels of all installed applications, you create the basis for faster work and relieve your user helpdesk. The creation of distribution groups and distribution packages also simplifies the individual software supply of certain user groups and functional areas. Your administrators can use the time saved for more important tasks.
Combine software deployment and IT inventory
Install.Desk can be combined with the inventory data of Asset.Desk. This allows you to install “computer accurate”: Based on the inventory data in Asset.Desk, you can see at a glance on which computers the desired software application still needs to be installed and automatically adopt these computers as a deployment group to Install.Desk.