We present: Asset.Desk 2021 (8.11.0)
With the new main version 8.11.0 we have set a milestone for the year 2021 and Asset.Desk completely on the new Microsoft platform ".NET 5" migrated. In addition to switching to ".NET 5" the major version also offers numerous important improvements and enhancements in UI and processing.
The following features and improvements await you in the new version:
- Complete migration to the new Microsoft platform ".NET 5"
- Crucial optimizations and enhancements in UI and processing
- More flexible UI design and state-of-the-art dialog windows
- New functions in purchasing
- More options in custom fields
- Extensions in license management
- Improvements in the area of data protection
- More setting options for inventory
- Active Directory Loader – no more duplicates from now on
- Newly developed rights
- Integration of komXwork - better security for the interface to the komXwork server
- Scanning Chromebooks running Chrome OS
- More performance when building images
- Many more setting options
Ready for the future: .NET 5
With the major version 8.11.0 we have Asset.Desk completely migrated to the new Microsoft platform ".NET 5".
With .NET 5 as the common successor, Microsoft has merged the three previously separate .NET variants ".NET Framework", ".NET Core" and "Mono". ".NET 5" is the common platform for all desktop, web and mobile applications.
In the course of this migration, large parts of our software Asset.Desk adapted and modernized. Asset.Desk thus benefits from all the advantages and future improvements of the global "Microsoft Core" development and is thus even more modular, even more flexible, even more powerful and even more secure. The software is therefore well equipped for the future and prepared for all future scenarios on the desktop, on the web and on mobile, as well as for integration with third-party systems via web-based interfaces.
Through .NET 5 offers Asset.Desk automatically also the latest operating system dialog windows in the program, eg the current "Open file" dialog for importing files, which is now significantly more Navigation and intervention options offers.
Numerous improvements and enhancements
In addition to switching to ".NET 5" The 8.11.0 major version also offers numerous important improvements and enhancements in UI and processing.
The newly developed functions in detail:
- In purchasing can be used immediately Also cancel deliveries, if, for example, incorrect amounts were specified. Order quantities and order status are automatically corrected and any objects that have already been created are deleted again. (Release 188.8.131.521)
- The Number of columns of the custom fields in the dialog boxes is from now on einstellbar. Previously this was set to 2 columns. From now on you can choose between 1 and 6, for example to do justice to large resolutions on the monitor.
- The custom field can now optionally encrypt in the database. This is useful, for example, when storing administrative passwords in custom fields.
- Furthermore, a custom field from now on as a hidden field be marked. The content is then displayed on the surface with "*****", but can be switched to the actual field content using the button.
- Im contract can be with the assigned objects now too show the custom fields.
- Software Catalog Entries can be used immediately copy. All data is transferred to the copy, including e-mail settings and permissions. This makes it easier to create similar or dependent catalogs.
- The License management mapping dialog has been extended. The installed but not yet mapped software can now be viewed in a fully-fledged report using the new "Open in your own report" button. Above all, this shows which unmapped software is installed on which computers. For this purpose, the "Installed Software" report has been expanded to include the "Do not display mapped software" checkbox. (Release 184.108.40.2061)
Data Protection / GDPR
- Become receipts such as transactions, offers, orders, credit notes, contracts, etc. automatically according to the options in the options set period of time deleted from the system (e.g. 10 years), so can optionally also delete the linked documents at file level. This takes into account the comprehensive deletion obligation of the GDPR. Login information has been added to the options to access network directories when deleting.
- With regard to the GDPR is it possible now Colleague Asset.Desk to delete and anonymize. Technically, the employee is converted to a dummy employee in all links to objects and documents that still exist for the employee. (Release 220.127.116.111)
- number generator can now also be used deactivate. In this way, you can work "in parallel" with two number encoders of one type, whereby only one number encoder of the type can be active at a time. For example, with two number generators of the same type, numbers for the host name and inventory number can be assigned separately one after the other (via en bloc).
- The BitLocker indicator for the device was around the fields "Initialized?" (Yes/No), "Encryption method" (e.g. AES 256), "Encryption/decryption status" (e.g. fully decrypted, fully encrypted) extended.
- devices can be used immediately based on the respectively scanned registered user automatically to the existing employee in Asset.Desk zuordnen. The user name is saved in the employee master record, for example, through the transfer from the Active Directory. For the automatic assignment, a timing added in the options. The automatic assignment takes over in the background according to the set time interval of the FCS Asset.Desk management services.
- The Localization history on the device the novel extended by the columns: group sequence, department, room, floor, building and location. This makes the localization history, which documents the relocation of an object, even more meaningful.
- The Company code view (company code tree) going to happen now more compact displayed because master data groups without content in the tree, eg locations without devices, are hidden. (Release 18.104.22.1681)
Active Directory Loader
- Within the Transfer of employees from the Active Directory Loader from now on by checking the e-mail address, first and last name as well as the GUID duplicates in Asset.Desk avoided. On the other hand, you can now several different employees with the same name Asset.Desk take over. (Release 22.214.171.1241)
- New right "Read cost centers (reports)": With this right, the cost centers are displayed in the reports without having to have a right to the commercial data.
- Within the bidirectional interface to the document management software komXwork we have some Added validations in the settings, to better secure the connection via the interface to the komXwork server.
- All alphanumeric search parameters are now "trimmed" in all dialogs with search options, ie spaces are automatically removed. Especially when copying search texts into the search field, spaces are often transferred, which are now removed and no longer play a role.
- The call of Asset.Desk manager from the command line is now also possible with the parameters inquiry number and order number (both purchasing). The manager then branches directly to the corresponding document (if available). Previously, calling from the command line was limited to searching for an inventory number.
The FCS Scanner for Android can now also download the hardware and software data from Chromebooks running Chrome OS read out. Chromebooks will now ship as own device type im Asset.Desk Manager distinguished and with Chrome OS version and platform information displayed. Chromebooks, whose number of users is growing rapidly, can be automatically scanned and in Asset.Desk Manage.
There are also many smaller improvements and embellishments.
You are already an FCS customer and have one Asset.Desk-Support contract?
For Asset.Desk 2021 (V 8.11.0) you need a new license file.
Please contact our sales department for this.
You don't have one Asset.Desk-Support contract and want consulting support?
We are happy to offer you support for a small fee. Contact us about this: