We have news for you!
The new version of Asset.Desk 8.10.9 brings great new features!
New features and improvements:
- New module “Budget Control” for control of IT and other budgets
- Scanning of Apple macOS devices now time-controlled via agent
- Extension of the “Visual Network” module with management of network sockets and ports
Control your expenses and costs
with the new module “Budget Control
With the powerful new Budget Control module, all costs that accumulate at any point in Asset.Desk can be controlled against pre-defined budgets. This includes, for example, the expenses for order items in purchasing, the payment amounts for contracts, recurring costs from automatic cost allocation and all cost entries in the object books of equipment, furniture, services and software licenses.
How does it work?
You define your budget with investment numbers, per client and cost center with the respective values and validity periods.
If you order something via the module “Asset.Desk Purchasing” and additionally use the new module, you can assign the costs to a budget when entering an order item and thus reserve a cost estimate in the amount of the order value. When the delivery receipt is booked, the budgets are then debited in the amount of the actual delivery value. If the financial volume is exceeded, the user is of course alerted.
In Asset.Desk you can also assign a budget to a payment plan by combining the modules “Budget Control” and “Contract Management”. All payments are then offset against the respective budget item.
With the “Budget Control” module, you can assign a standard budget to each employee and each asset or service, individually or several at once. When you create a new object book entry, the default budget is proposed. This means that you can always decide which financial volume will ultimately be used to allocate for costs incurred. By saving the object book entry, the assigned budget is debited. Budgets can be entered similarly for recurring costs and distribution keys. Here too, the selected and set budget item is debited when the object book entry is created.
Budgets do not have to be created manually; budgets with budget values and validity periods, which you may maintain in a previous system, can also be imported from a csv file to Asset.Desk.
With the budget evaluation, you are always informed how much of a budget item is reserved by cost estimates or already consumed by costs incurred.
Of course, this also means that you always have an overview of the remaining budget in terms of value and can better plan further expenditures. The status of the percentage consumption of a financial volume is also displayed graphically. For each budget line, you receive all details about which expenses in purchasing, which payments in contract management or which cost entries in the object books contribute to the consumption of the budget. In this way, you remain controlling the cost situation within the defined period and can always react in time.
The scanner for Apple devices of the Mac series has been completely revised with the new version.
The macOS scanner is now a separate service that runs independently and regularly on Apple target devices. For this purpose, it is installed on the target devices via the tracker.
- This allows the macOS scanner on the target device to receive settings data that tell the client when and how often to scan.
- Vice versa, the client returns the finished scan file to the server.
- The scan can also be triggered manually from the tracker at any time.
The macOS scanner supports OS versions 10.13.x (x86/x64) to 10.15.x (x64). Also, the brand-new OS version 11.0 (Big Sur) is already supported.
This is especially interesting if macOS devices are used e.g. home office or virtual environments because the data will be transferred from the client in the future.
Extensions of the “Visual Network” module
to manage network doses and ports
In the “Visual Network” module we have extended the possibilities and logic for the correct management of network doses and network ports.
- For each device type, the number of ports and port names can now be listed. If you create a new network connection on the device, the system only offers the defined and not yet, used port names. However, the input of new ports remains possible. For a network connection, the system ensures that ports at source and destination are only used once each. The number of ports and port names defined by the device type can be overwritten on the device or maintained per device.
- From now on, the number of network cans as well as the can designations can be maintained for a room. In case of a network connection, which is entered at the device, only those network doses are offered, which were defined for the superior room. However, it is still possible to enter new network cans here. If the device moves, especially to another room, the user receives a message that the network cans in the network connections of the device are no longer valid.
You are already an FCS customer and have an Asset.Desk support contract?
>> Then you can download the new version for free in our download area.
You do not have a support contract, want to purchase the new version or have questions?
>> Our sales team will be happy to advise you!
We wish you success and efficient asset management!
Your FCS IT Management Solutions Team